Kingdom Hearts walkthroughs-Awakening





Tutorial: Awakening


You're giving me too many things 
Lately you're all I need 
You smiled at me and said,
Don't get me wrong I love you 
But does that mean I have to meet your father? 
When we are older you'll understand 
What I meant when I said "No, 
I don't think life is quite that simple"
When you walk away 
You don't hear me say please 
Oh baby, don't go 
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight 
It's hard to let it go
The daily things that keep us all busy 
Are confusing me 
That's when you came to me and said,
Wish I could prove I love you 
But does that mean I have to walk on water? 
When we are older you'll understand 
It's enough when I say so 
And maybe some things are that simple
Hold me 
Whatever lies beyond this morning 
Is a little later on 
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all 
Nothing's like before


Awakening

Theme Music: Dive into the Heart
Battle Music: Fragments of Sorrow

First Pane: Snow White
This part of the game serves two parts: First, it gets you used to the controls and combat systems. Second, it sets the pace of the game, literally. The choices you make here will set your future stats and abilities. I’ll explain as we go.

Choosing your weapon


Power of the Warrior. Invincible Courage. A sword of terrible destruction. Is this the power you seek?

Power of the Guardian. Kindness to aid friends. A shield to repel all. Is this the power you seek?

Power of the Mystic. Inner strength. A staff of wonder and ruin. Is this the power you seek?
Here you are asked to select something to use as a weapon, and after you are asked to sacrifice something in return. This part is majorly important, as it donates all your future stats and at what level you learn what ability.
Your abilities are given by what you choose to keep. The ability chart is below. Refer to the ability section for more info:


Abilities by Level
That, combined with what you choose to throw away, give you your starting stats. Your stats are as follows:

Starting Stats
As you can see, there are some huge differences between some of the stats. The most balanced way is staff – sword, but I personally feel that choosing staff – anything gives the worst ability levels.
Choosing the staff as your weapon will give you one extra MP by games end. STR, DEF, and AP can all be permanently increased with items, but there is no such item for MP.
Choosing shield gives you 1 extra item slot... which is really inconsequential.
I, personally, like sword – shield. But that gives really low defense and wouldn’t be good for novice players (I’m confident in my ability to block attacks). For new players, shield – staff or shield – sword would be the best options. For the sake of the guide, I will be using shield – sword for a number of reasons.

Second Pane: Cinderella

Fight Tutorial

Here you get the weapon you chose from the last pane to use as an actual weapon. This will NOT be your weapon for long, however.

... it makes a better weapon then you think...
You will fight off 5 basic Shadow heartless. Before moving on.

Third Pane: Silhouettes ==--
This pane depicts Alice, Jasmine, and Kairi as Silhouettes, possible to symbolize that they have not been captured yet.

Object/interaction Tutorial

You’re prompted to examine the door, open a chest, push/destroy a box, then finally destroy a barrel. This unlocks the door and is, as far as I can think, the only time you’ll come across a door that only opens after everything in the room is destroyed.

Destiny Islands: Ship ==--

Leveling Choices

Here you talk to Wakka (guy with beach ball), Selphie (girl), and Tidus (boy). Each will ask you some personal questions that make little to no sense.
The point behind answering them is thus: it determines how fast you level up.
There are many combinations of answers, but basically:

All the first answer: Level up quickly till level 60, then starts requiring more EXP per level

All the middle answer: Level up evenly all the way through the game.

All the third answer: Level up slowly at first, but level up faster after level 60.
The third option actually takes less EXP overall to reach level 100. BUT, leveling up so slowly at the start of the game is no fun. Plus, you’re likely never to even break level 60 if you just go for a simple play through. I always choose the middle three, just so I don’t have to mess with it.

Fourth Pane: Aurora

Mini-boss

You get attacked by a hoard of Shadows. This is hardly the largest you’ll ever see, and they are still at a very low level, so no sweat.
After defeating them, a save point and a staircase appears. Use the save point (actually select Save, don’t just stand on it) then run up the stairs.

Fifth Pane: Belle

Boss Fight: Darkside
Attacks:
1) Dark Portal. Fist starts to glow, leans back, and slams it forward into the ground. This creates a portal that spawns Shadows.
2) Black Laser. Takes a “Why?!” pose, and his chest starts to glow. He’ll then fire 2-6 homing lasers.
How to Dodge:
1) The initial attack wont hit you, as it’s not aimed at you. More so the Shadows spawned from it are meant to hurt you, not that they will.
2) Just stay close to Darkside and the attack wont hone in properly. If it comes close enough, you can swing you weapon to deflect it and earn a tech point.
Strategy:
Darksides only weakness is his hands. His right hand in particular, as it’s easier to hit. Stay locked on to it and hammer away.


end












SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment